After a busy holiday season and a resolution-filled January, it’s time to let loose and enjoy yourself in SoBe. February events include the South Beach Wine & Food Festival, Valentine’s Day soirées, and Ocean Drive happenings. For details on these and more, read on. Here are things to do this February in South Beach, and they’re all within walking distance from Washington Park Hotel.
Ocean Drive Happenings
Between nightly live music radiating from sidewalk eateries and The Clevelander’s weekend pool party, there’s always something going down on Ocean Drive. Every Friday from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., the SoBe Farmer’s Market sets up at 5th Street for a display of local artisanal food and merchandise. At Ocean Drive and 14th Place, Lummus Park Market vendors sell amazing finds, handcrafted vintage items, and more every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Get to know the neighborhood with the Art Deco Walking Tour, departing daily at 10:30 a.m. (with an extra 6:30 p.m. tour on Thursday) from the Art Deco Welcome Center at 10th Street and Ocean Drive. The tour provides an introduction to the Art Deco, Mediterranean Revival, and Miami Modern architectural style indicative of the historic district. Grab your tickets, here.
Miami Health and Wellness Months
Every February and March, top fitness centers, spas, and activity facilities put together special deals and offers for visitors. Purchase Valmont Spa’s Signature Facial or Massage to receive an eye collagen upgrade, yoga class, and beach lounge chair and umbrella. Book a waterski, wakeboard, wakesurf, or tubing excursion with Miami Watersports Paradise to get 50% off a second session. Check out where to save more in South Beach during Miami Health and Wellness Month, here.
SoBe is for lovers and Valentine’s Day delivers with exciting local events for the single or taken. Take a romantic stroll along the shore before getting dolled up for a night of revelry. Check out our latest post for SoBe’s top romantic restaurants to find a place to celebrate with the one you love. SoBe Liquors is offering Champagne, bubbles, and wine pairings with decadent desserts. After getting your fill, visit the World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM) for special ticket prices for couples who want to browse the collection while enjoying wine and light bites. The WEAM will host a Date Nite Special featuring sexologist Dr. Sonjia Kenya’s flirtation tips and exercises. If you’re looking for love or just looking to party, La Sombra Restaurant & Lounge is hosting a Be My Valentine Bash speed dating event and Pub Crawl Miami is taking clubgoers to four of SoBe’s hottest bars, lounges, and nightclubs. February 14
South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF)
The Food Network and Cooking Channel’s SOBEWFF returns to Miami for its 19th edition of five days of delicious eats, demos, and late-night parties. Over 100 events attract a crowd of 60,000 strong looking to indulge and catch a glimpse of celebrity chefs like Ted Allen, Guy Fieri, and Rachel Ray. Snag tickets and check out the full schedule, here. February 19 - 23
Check out more February events happening throughout SoBe:
- Life Time Tropical 5K begins at 980 MacArthur Causeway and ends at Nikki Beach. February 8, 7:30 a.m.
- Jeweler’s International Showcase at the Miami Beach Convention Center. February 9 - 11, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (10 - 4 p.m. Sunday)
- Leoni Torres, live at The Fillmore on his Amor Bonito US tour. February 13 - 14, 8 p.m.
- The 11th annual Bang Model Volleyball tournament on the beach near 8th Street. February 15 - 16, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Warrior Flow yoga at Time Out Market Miami. February 16, 10 - 11 a.m.
- STAY FIT 305 Run Club, starting and ending on Española Way. February 22, 10:30 a.m.
- XXIII New Music Miami Festival featuring Misty Shore Duo at Miami Beach Urban Studios. February 26, 7 - 9 p.m.
- Between the Dark and Light: The Grateful Dead Photography of Jay Blakesberg at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden. February 28, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- DJ/Producer Roger Sanchez, live at Treehouse Miami. February 28, 11 p.m.
Book your stay at Washington Park Hotel and don’t miss out on any of the South Beach February fun. Check out our special offers to begin planning your SoBe escape with Washington Park Hotel, where smart design and cool people mix as easily as cocktails.